Our Tailored Great Wall of China and Summer Palace Excursions ensure that you see this ancient wonder in whatever way suits you best. We can take you on a hard trek chosen by the first foreigner to walk the wall in its entirety, or take you to an easier section of the wall with cable cars and metal bobsleighs.
Pricing includes a trip to the Summer Palace. Furthermore, we can combine your trip with a visit to the site of the Beijing Olympics.
- Drive in your good quality private vehicle to the Summer Palace, and learn how Empress Dowager Cixi diverted huge sums of money there that were intended to fund the Chinese navy.
- Visit the legendary marble boat Empress Dowager Cixi had made, and learn about the extreme folly that led to the collapse of China’s last imperial dynasty.
- Drive to the Great Wall of China. On the way there learn about the megalomaniacal First Emperor of China, who commissioned the building of the Great Wall and his famous Terracotta Warrior protected tomb.
- Ascend to the excellent Mutianyu section of the Great Wall and cast your eyes on seemingly endless wall trailing into the distance
- Listen to the legend of Meng Jianyu, and learn learn what supposedly made her wash away an entire section of the Great Wall with her tears.
- Descend from the Great Wall on an amazing metal bobsleigh chute.
Included Tickets Information
|Opening Hours||March 16th to November 15th:
Monday-Friday: 07:30-18:00; Weekends: 07:30-18:30
November 16th to March 15th: 8:00-17:00
|Entry Fee (RMB)||Adults: 40
Seniors over 60: 20 (valid ID or passport required)
Children between 1.2 and 1.4 meters: 20
Children under 1.2 meters: Free
|Cable Car Ticket One way (RMB)||Adult: 100, Child: 50|
|Luge Ticket One way (RMB)||100|
(All prices in Chinese Renminbi per guest)
|4 or more guests||1180||1490|
Private Tours can be scheduled for your group at any time you like.
VIP Tours are led by Newman Tours’ most experienced guides, and guarantee the provision of an iPad to enhance the content of your tour. They can start at any time you want, and feature exclusive content described in red italics under the Tour Schedule section of this page.
Terms & Conditions can be viewed here.
What Our Guests Say
What the Media Says
“A flair for dramatic presentation”
George Wyndham, Global Times
“Will tell you folk stories known only to natives”
Christie Lee, China Daily