Our 9 hour Tailored Great Wall and Summer Palace Excursions ensure that you see this ancient wonder in whatever way suits you best. We can take you on a hard trek chosen by the first foreigner to walk the wall in its entirety, or take you to an easier section of the wall with cable cars and metal bobsleighs.
Pricing includes a trip to the Summer Palace. Furthermore, we can combine your trip with a visit to the site of the Beijing Olympics.
- Drive in your good quality private vehicle to the Summer Palace, and learn how Empress Dowager Cixi diverted huge sums of money there that were intended to fund the Chinese navy.
- Visit the legendary marble boat Empress Dowager Cixi had made, and learn about the extreme folly that led to the collapse of China’s last imperial dynasty.
- Drive to the Great Wall. On the way there learn about the megalomaniacal First Emperor of China, who commissioned the building of the Great Wall and his famous Terracotta Warrior protected tomb.
- Ascend to the excellent Mutianyu section of the Great Wall and cast your eyes on seemingly endless wall trailing into the distance
- Listen to the legend of Meng Jianyu, and learn learn what supposedly made her wash away an entire section of the Great Wall with her tears.
- Descend from the Great Wall on an amazing metal bobsleigh chute.
Price (Chinese renminbi per person)
|Great Wall||Adults||Children under 14|
|Private (9 hr)||1180||980|
Great Wall and Summer Palace Tours can be booked as Private Tours inclusive of pick up and drop off from a location of your choosing in central Beijing, private vehicle and Chinese chauffeur throughout, a native English speaking guide, all site entry fees, and a delicious Chinese lunch.
Full terms and conditions can be viewed here.
What Our Guests Say
What the Media Says
“A flair for dramatic presentation”
“Will tell you folk stories known only to natives”