On this nine hour tour you’ll enjoy Tiger Hill (with its sword testing rock and leaning pagoda); the Silk Museum (where you will see real silkworms in action); a delicious Chinese meal in a beautiful park setting; the Suzhou Museum (designed by the legendary I. M. Pei, and containing one of the finest art collections in China); and the Humble Administrator’s Garden (a stunning Chinese scholarly garden).
Schedule (9 hours)
- Travel to Suzhou in bullet train and hear an overview of its history as you near your destination.
- Board private coach and head for Tiger Hill, where the King of Wu is buried. Whilst there we will tell you about the hill’s miraculous springs, test your mettle on sword striking rock, and teach you about the hidden treasure of the leaning pagoda.
- Visit the Silk Museum and see the silkworms that China managed to keep secret for 3,000 years.
- Treat your taste-buds to some local specialties in a grand courtyard household that once belonged to a local official.
- Visit I. M. Pei’s architectural masterpiece, the Suzhou Museum. Whilst there, we will explore the ancient origins of Suzhou, see how the Chinese used to try and preserve every last bit of their rulers and discover how Suzhou’s literati steered and manipulated China’s art market.
- Explore the stunning Humble Administrator’s Garden and find out how it was obtained by a beggar free of charge.
- Return to Shanghai by bullet train
Price (Chinese renminbi per person)
|Suzhou Excursion||Adults||Children under 14|
Suzhou Excursion can booked as a Private Excursion. Pricing includes English native-speaking tour guide, return bullet train to Suzhou, private vehicle and chauffeur in Suzhou, all entry fees, and a delicious Chinese lunch.
Private Excursions require a minimum of 4 adult guests (or the financial equivalent thereof). Full terms and conditions can be viewed here.
What Our Guests Say