On this five hour tour we will take you to Tianjin’s former concessionary district, introducing you to the exciting and turbulent colonial years of China’s history whilst seeing the best examples of colonial architecture, including the famous superbly restored Astor Hotel interior. We will walk you through Tianjin’s charming neighbourhoods and learn about China’s renowned warlords, treating you to a delicious Chinese lunch before finally visiting The Last Emperor of China’s former residence.
- Travel to Tianjin on the bullet train and hear an overview of its history on the way.
- Stroll through Tianjin’s beautifully restored French and British Former Concessions and learn more about this Treaty Port’s rich colonial history.
- Hear about the war torn 1920s and see where the infamous warlords of this era lived.
- Enjoy a delicious Tianjianese lunch on a quiet and charming corner of town.
- See where the Last Emperor of China was exiled after being banished from the Forbidden City.
- Return to Beijing on the bullet train.
Pricing (Chinese renminbi per person)
|4 or more guests||1380|
Private Tours can be scheduled for your group at any time you like.
VIP Tours are led by Newman Tours’ most experienced guides, and guarantee the provision of an iPad to enhance the content of your tour. They can start at any time you want, and feature exclusive content described in red italics under the Tour Schedule section of this page.
Terms & Conditions can be viewed here.
“Will tell you folk stories known only to natives”
Christie Lee, China Daily
“Plenty of fascinating historical information”
John Sunyer, Time Out
Tianjin Tour Follow Up
Guests on the Tianjin Tour will receive a follow up email featuring informative and entertaining links including the following:
- Interesting links to more information on the colonial architecture visited during this trip
- Documentaries that further explore China and Tianjin’s colonial history