During this six hour excursion, we will take you to a beautifully preserved canal town just one hour’s drive from Shanghai. Here you will see the traditional Chinese gardens of Kezhi Yuan, take a gondola along the canal that brought the town into existence, see the town’s City God Temple, and enjoy a delicious local lunch.
- Drive to Zhujiajiao in minibus and hear an overview of its history as you near your destination.
- Visit the traditional Chinese gardens of Kezhi Yuan and learn about the lifestyle of the wealthy salt merchant that had it built.
- Take a canal boat through the scenic town of Zhujiajiao and learn how the Grand Canal brought wealth and commerce to Southern China. Then, if you’re feeling adventurous, have a go at propelling your own canal boat (it’s a lot harder than it looks).
- Visit Zhujiajiao’s City God Temple, learn about Taoist philosophy, meet your own personal Taoist Protective Deity and learn how to use a magic Giving Up Basin.
- Enjoy a delicious local lunch in the finest restaurant in Zhujiajiao.
- Drive back to Shanghai in minibus.
(All prices in Chinese Renminbi per guest)
|Private (6 hours)|
|4 or more guests||990|
Private Tours can be scheduled for your group at any time you like.
VIP Tours are led by Newman Tours’ most experienced guides, and guarantee the provision of an iPad to enhance the content of your tour. They can start at any time you want, and feature exclusive content described in red italics under the Tour Schedule section of this page.
Terms & Conditions can be viewed here.
What Our Guests Say
Zhujiajiao Excursion Follow Up
Guests on the Zhujiajiao will receive a follow up email featuring informative and entertaining links including the following:
- Analysis of what influences modern architecture in Zhujiajiao
- Information on Zhujiajiao’s history and development