During this six hour excursion, we will take you to a beautifully preserved canal town just one hour’s drive from Shanghai. Here you will see the traditional Chinese gardens of Kezhi Yuan, take a gondola along the canal that brought the town into existence, see the town’s City God Temple, and enjoy a delicious local lunch.
- Drive to Zhujiajiao in minibus and hear an overview of its history as you near your destination.
- Visit the traditional Chinese gardens of Kezhi Yuan and learn about the lifestyle of the wealthy salt merchant that had it built.
- Take a canal boat through the scenic town of Zhujiajiao and learn how the Grand Canal brought wealth and commerce to Southern China. Then, if you’re feeling adventurous, have a go at propelling your own canal boat (it’s a lot harder than it looks).
- Visit Zhujiajiao’s City God Temple, learn about Taoist philosophy, meet your own personal Taoist Protective Deity and learn how to use a magic Giving Up Basin.
- Enjoy a delicious local lunch in the finest restaurant in Zhujiajiao.
- Drive back to Shanghai in minibus.
Price (Chinese renminbi per person)
|Zhujiajiao Tour||Adults||Children under 14|
|Private (6 hr)||990||690|
Public Tour availability can be seen by clicking here.
Private Tours can be scheduled for your group at any time you like.
Select Tours are led by Senior Newman Tours’ Guides, and guarantee the provision of an iPad to enhance the content of your tour. They can start at any time you want, and feature exclusive content described in italics in the Tour Schedule on this page.
Private and Select Tours require a minimum of 4 adult guests (or the financial equivalent thereof). Full terms and conditions can be viewed here.