During this six hour excursion, we will take you to a beautifully preserved canal town just one hour’s drive from Shanghai. Here you will see the traditional Chinese gardens of Kezhi Yuan, take a gondola along the canal that brought the town into existence, see the town’s City God Temple, and enjoy a delicious local lunch.
- Drive to Zhujiajiao in minibus and hear an overview of its history as you near your destination.
- Visit the traditional Chinese gardens of Kezhi Yuan and learn about the lifestyle of the wealthy salt merchant that had it built.
- Take a canal boat through the scenic town of Zhujiajiao and learn how the Grand Canal brought wealth and commerce to Southern China. Then, if you’re feeling adventurous, have a go at propelling your own canal boat (it’s a lot harder than it looks).
- Visit Zhujiajiao’s City God Temple, learn about Taoist philosophy, meet your own personal Taoist Protective Deity and learn how to use a magic Giving Up Basin.
- Enjoy a delicious local lunch in the finest restaurant in Zhujiajiao.
- Drive back to Shanghai in minibus.
Price (Chinese renminbi per person)
|Zhujiajiao Tour||Adults||Children under 14|
|Private (6 hr)||990||690|
Zhujiajiao Excursions are Private Excursions. Pricing is inclusive of a native English speaking tour guide, pick up and drop off at a location of your choice in central Shanghai with private vehicle and chauffeur, all entry fees, and a delicious Chinese lunch.
Private Excursions require a minimum of 4 adult guests (or the financial equivalent thereof). Full terms and conditions can be viewed here.